Home Based Support
Home Based Support is funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services and offers a variety of services to help individuals achieve their goals.
Home Based Support Self Direction Assistance
Home Based Support Self Direction Assistance offers individuals with intellectual disabilities the opportunity to continue to live with their family or to live semi-independently, with provided supports. Self Direction Assistants can assist the individual, or the individual’s family or representative, to arrange for, direct and manage services. This can include:
- Providing information on and assistance in recruiting, hiring and managing Personal Support Workers
- Managing the budget
- Completing required paperwork
- Applying for requested services
- Providing training to increase individual’s skill-acquisition, behavior reduction
- Assistance with employment/educational supports
This program is funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services. Applications for funding are through your local Pre-Admission Screening Agency. Once individuals have been approved for Home Based funding, they can contact Lambs Farm about providing Self Direction Assistance. For more information, please email us.